On this page you will find links to pages of general information usefule whether you are living here, or just visiting.
General information on living in Paris - www.paris-pages.com
- The metro and bus system are totally integrated, so the same tickets work on both, this makes getting around very easy.
- You can buy a single ticket, 10 single tickets (cheaper and easier than buying one at a time - callet a carnet), or season tickets for various periods.
- There are also a numnler of tourist "deals", although I think they are really expensive, and no locals buy these tickets, so that tells you just how good they are.
- The metro was opened in 1990, and 82 of the original Art Nouveau entrance designed by Hector Guimard are still standing.
- The trains run on rubber tyres, so the ride is quite smooth.
- In the stations and connecting passageways you will often hear music and see buskers.
- Official buskers, who are given a badge to wear, must audition in front of metro officials before they are allowed to play.
- Many of the buskers are unofficial, though. So it is up to you if you want to give them money or not.