Yellow Pages These are in French, but really easy
to use. Once you've found what you want you can click on "plan" and you'll get
a small map which you can zoom in and out of. This is really useful when
organising a group of people to go to a restaurant. Also most commercial
addresses will have at least one photograph of the building
- ParlerParis International living in
- Paris, an Insider's Guide Just what the
- ParisFranceGuide A huge amount of really
useful information. Of particular interest is the long list of doctors,
dentists and medical practitioners of every kind that speak English, complete
with addresses and phone nos.
- The American Library in Paris.
Movie Review Enquiry Page All the reviews from a huge
list of movies, both past and present.
- CESC, Council for the English
Speaking Community. This site has the most comprehensive listing for the
English speaking community.
- Message Mother Support Group This site
offers advice and support to English-speaking mothers and mothers-to-be living
in Paris on pregnancy, baby and child rearing.
- Women In Continuing Education Located near Duroc Metro in
the 7th this club offers various classes including TEFL, EFL, French, and
British and Commonwealth Women's
Association The best club for women in Paris. Located in
the 8th this club is open to British and Commonwealth women, or women married
to a British or Commonwealth man. A small percentage of the membership is reserved for those not normally eligible providing their English is good. There is a waiting list though. It has a really good, free library as well as
offering various activities such as, art, French, bridge, book discussion,
crafts, mah jong, patchwork, Scottish country dancing, upholstery, yoga,
gardening, swimming, embroidery, tennis, walking, cartonnage, keep fit, movie club, scrabble, walks, golf, and Pilates. They
serve daily lunches, and coffee is free all the time.
- http://www.ivillage.com/ This site offers health advice for humans as well as
- Time Out: Paris Paris PagesGood, interactive maps of museums and monuments, among
other information. Some of the prices are still in French francs, so are a
little out of date.
Dinseyland ParisAll you ever wanted to know and more in 6
- Irish Cultural Centre Various events, a library,
cinema, concerts and much more. The site is in French and English.
BBC World For those of you with Noos this is where you can get
reliable schedules of what's on this TV channel.
New Scientist The electronic edition of
the popular science magazine.
Bonjour ParisAn English language magazine
based in, and about Paris.
RATP Information about public transport in Paris, available
in French and English. Prices, maps, timetables - it's all here.
The Official Paris Airports Site Information in English,
French and Spanish (I think) about Orly and Charles de Gaulle. Arrivals,
departures, maps, how to get there, parking, just about everything you need is
- Beauvais Airport hotels. This airport is becoming increasingly popular, especially with budget flights.
TGV France's high speed trains, the site is in English.
- Pets Travel Scheme This is the site to
consult if you want to take your cat or dog to the UK, where the laws on such
things are very strict (enter Pets travel Scheme into the search
- www.rentapart.com Renting apartments.
- www.bridgestreet.com Renting apartments
- www.citadines.com Short term renting.
- ApartRentals.com Apartments for short term rent, either for tourists or if you've just arrived and want to take you time before committing to a longer term contract. This is something I would highly recommend. This company has apartments in all areas, so you can rent one for a week or two in the area you think you want to live in and find out if that is really what you want. I wish I had done this, as it would have saved us a small fortune in the long run.
- www.homat.fr (furniture